Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Simple Life

I like living in Mexico because it is so simple for me.  I'm sure if I lived here for more than a few months things would become regular again, but for now my life is very basic.  I wake up, shower, eat breakfast, go to school, eat lunch, nap, work out, shower, study/work, dinner, study, bed.  Repeat.  Throw in a couple exploration adventures here and there, and that's my simple life.  I think not knowing a ton of people or having any real substantial relationships helps keep it simple, also not owning a phone helps a lot.  As nice and necessary as simple is sometimes, I don't doubt that I'll be ready to get back to "real-life" when the time comes.

When I go out at night or when I stay in, my preferred perfume is bug-spay. The mosquitoes can get kinda bad here.  Last night was fun.  I was glad I had something to dress up for finally.  We stayed out until about 11:30.  It was less like a concert and more like a band playing in a bar.  Actually, it was exactly like a band playing in a bar...  because we went to a bar and that's where the band was playing.  They were very good and I really enjoyed it.  They were a cover-band and played American classical rock songs like Hotel California.  Some songs they sung in Spanish, some were in English, some were in both.  The best part of the night was that I made a female friend!  And she is close to my age!   She's only 20 actually, but the way she acts, we'll call her 24.  She teaches English at my school.  Her name is Megan.  Megan from Manchester.  Her English accent rubs off easily.  All English accents rub off easily, I think.  We plan to go shopping next week sometime and I will be on a mission to buy a dress and some sandals.

For breakfast I had sliced fruit.  I was relieved to find my plate under a screen cover so the flies couldn't get to it.  It is very disgusting to me that they leave food sitting out, not covered.  I'm sure this has to be some sort of health hazard especially with all of the flies.  They don't leave food out because they are lazy or unsanitary, because they are very sanitary people and Claudia mops and cleans daily; I think it's just different.  Also, there hasn't been any ice in the freezer for several days now which makes drinking water not as refreshing.  For lunch (and dinner because I didn't finish it) was tuna salad with crackers.

I didn't do a lot today.  Went out in the morning after breakfast and then studied ALL day.  No nap even.  I think I'm studying more now than I ever did in college. 

Hasta luego!  (Until next time!)










No comments:

Post a Comment