Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 2

Today, there is a blue Corvette parked in the house.

Physically, today was a mess.  For some reason my medicine made me feel super weird all day.  Like I was on drugs, or on a really hard come-down off drugs.  I felt tired, high, my body hurt, and I felt uncomfortable in my own skin.  Yuck!  Hopefully soon I will be all better.

Eggs and salad for breakfast.  Mystery meat and rice for lunch with cranberry juice served with a side of some sour fruit with spices on it.  It tasted like I was eating a sliced lime.  Cereal for dinner. 

Claudia and I were able to talk a lot in Spanish today.  It seems like overnight I was able to speak a whole lot more Spanish.  They say the best way to learn is to try speaking it as often as you can, so today I got a conversation-partner.  He doesn't go to the school but he would like to practice his English in exchange for me practicing my Spanish.  We met at 5 p.m. at the school and went to a cafe.  We were only supposed to meet for an hour but we ended up talking for about 2 & 1/2 hours.  It was very good practice.  We hit it off and I made another new friend.  My new friend is a postman which I think is interesting because I've never personally known a mailman before.  He is more my speed. Into the same types of activities as I am, for example exercising and trying new things and just hanging out, not partying much.  On Friday night we will go to a classic rock concert in El Centro and on Sunday we might go bike-riding into Guadalajara since I didn't get to do that last weekend.  I'm a little intimidated because he does triathlons but that's ok, it will be fun.

Speaking of making new friends, I thought four more students my age were starting this week but only one person did.  He is from China and his name is Ming.  He lives in America but he is super Chinese (obviously) and only speaks Engrish, not English.  I need to make a female friend soon so we can go shopping and do girl things together.

School went well.  I have a new afternoon teacher this week who speaks very well in English, not that I get to hear much of it, but she seems to be a really good teacher. 

Things I've noticed/learned:
-When having construction done on the street they don't say "tearing up the street", they say "opening up the street".
-Bathtubs are uncommon in this part (and maybe most parts) of Mexico.

Voy a leer, ahora.  Hasta luego!  (I'm going to read now.  Until next time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment